Due to Covid-19, the Subject Selection Night that was scheduled for the 3rd August has had to be cancelled to ensure the safety of all participants. In its place we will have a series of virtual sessions that can be accessed at home and online, as well as in class activities for students to explore subjects and Career pathways.
The details of these and how to access them are listed below:
- Tuesday 28th July 6pm-7pm: Online UAC – Subject Selection information zoom meeting/Q&A chat session. See Link https://uac.zoom.us/j/8988951832?pwd=dmpUVWtpeWRWRWhFcSs0cXhoQnFTdz09 (for specific instructions to login see MHS Careers Facebook post)
For those who have access issues – see the pre-recorded session on YouTube link: https://youtu.be/MGo9Q6Hbvls
- Wednesday 29th July: TAS Taster Day - Students in Yr10 experience all that TAS has to offer with exciting practical sessions in each subject area over the course of the whole day. Yr8 TAS Taster Sessions to be held in class during weeks 2 & 3
- Wednesday 29th July: Careers Lesson – Hands on activities designed to explore your interests and aptitude for different subjects and career pathways.
- Week 3 (Day to be confirmed) – Afternoon Expo session in MHS Hall for Students – Q&A session with Head Teachers to discuss subject options, prerequisite subjects for HSC ATAR and University.
- 5th August – Online School Based Apprenticeship & Traineeship Information Session
6-6:30pm *with Login details to come. Q&A session with specialists to discuss how SBAT’s work and opportunities in various SBAT’s available for students in 2021.
- Video Expo Presentation – To be uploaded onto the School website & Facebook page Week 3 for Parents and Students to learn about subjects on offer, difference between the Maths and English subjects, expectations for senior students etc.
- Subject selection forms to be handed back to school by Monday 10th